How to Create an Online Classroom
ProProfs online classroom offers a secure & centralized way for you to assign quizzes & courses to your learners. For your learners, it means a single platform where they can access courses, view reports (including past scores), certificates, and more.
This article covers the following topics:
- How to create an online classroom
- How to set up the classroom for K12 students
- How do I brand my classroom
- Easily teach & track the progress of large groups of learners
- Save time by centrally assigning course or quiz assignments
- The centralized portal helps learners to self-access courses
- Assign individual usernames & passwords to course takers.
- Protect your quizzes and courses with advanced secure rights of access
- Send a single link to learners for accessing quizzes and courses
- Instantly send email notifications to Groups or Users
- Motivate learners to complete assignments with friendly reminders
Here's how to create an online classroom:
Step 1: On your ProProfs Training Maker dashboard, click the Classroom option.
Step 2: Click + New Room.
Step 3: Give a name to your classroom and click Add. Your classroom is now ready.
Step 4: On the My Classroom screen, click Add Users to start adding learners to your classroom.
Step 5: Add users in the box as instructed and click Next.
The following steps will prompt you to assign users to a course or courses. Here's How to Assign a Course to Learners Using Classroom.
Once you're done assigning courses to users, you can:
- Assign the user a particular group or groups.
- Check the courses pending for and taken by the user.
- Check the Grade Report of the user.
- Edit the info of users such as their ID or username, passwords, etc. You can also delete a user.
For User or Learner reports, select a user to activate the Reports option. Then go to Reports to expand it as a drop-down.
Similarly, you can assign courses to Groups by clicking on the “Manage” icon.
- Along with assigning courses to a group, you can:
- Add new users or delete old ones from a group.
- Assign Group Administrators.
- Check t courses pending for and taken by the group.
- Check the Grade Report of the group.
- Edit the info of groups such as the group name and join codes. You can also delete a group.
For Group reports, go to Reports to expand it as a drop-down.
You can also see how your classroom appears to your learners. To do this:
Step 1: Go to Classrooms on your Training Maker dashboard.
Step 2: Click on the Preview button to see how your classroom will appear to your learners.
Step 3: Select any user and click Preview Classroom.
Step 4: Enter the password for that user and click Login.
The classroom preview will appear like this.
You can send the login credentials to your learners so that they can start using your classroom. To do that:
Step 1: Select your classroom and go to Groups.
Step 2: Click Email.
You can easily set up a classroom for K12 students by creating individual student accounts using their email addresses.
However, it is possible for students to not have email addresses. In such cases, you can create usernames and passwords, so that your students can access your online classroom without email addresses. You can simply put student usernames to add them to a classroom.
It's important to note that after you've created student accounts, you can also manage their scores and grades through online classroom reporting features. For example, if your course contains a quiz, which consists of essay questions, then you can hide the scoring of the quiz from your learners until you've graded their answers for the essay questions.
To do this go to "Advanced Setting" of a quiz and under "Report Availability," select "After all essay are graded manually." Save your settings, once you're done.
With ProProfs, you can create greater brand awareness and recognition among your learners by adding a custom logo to your classroom.
Your learners will be able to view your brand’s logo as soon as they log in to the classroom. This helps your learners to identify your brand’s values and personality.
Steps to brand your classroom:
Step 1. Go to the Classroom and open a classroom for editing.
Step 2. Here, you can change the look and feel of your classroom from the Welcome Screen to the Dashboard. You can change the theme, add a company logo, change fonts, and more. Once you're done, save.